Monday, November 4, 2013

Diwali Gift

Diwali round the corner and children at school and home come across celebration, sweets, gifts and goodies. Question from little curious people -what is Diwali, and I explain my 3yr old baby with- Ram ji after killing Rawan on Dashehra with Sita Mata comes back home to Ayodhya after 14 yrs and people there started celebrating Diwali and till now every year we celebrate this day and light diyas, do puja and give gifts to our loved ones…..the next question came up – “What will I get as my Diwali Gift “ J

Diwali gift – hmm. “What will you like to have as your gift shona”….”Mumma I want a scooter “– Deal!
So the gift for Abeer was final we were supposed to buy a scooter for him and a Toy Laptop was also confirmed as his gift this year.

“What will you give me as my Diwali gift dear?”  “ummmmm I will gift a Purse / wallet – a orange color wallet, and Papa I will gift you a new Belt! This  3yr old surprises me with his witty answers and his choice for gifts is wonderful too, as he knew I have a old wallet and papa wanted to buy a belt too.
A day before Diwali we three went for shopping for “Our” Diwali gifts at a bag store, Salesman directed us to the counter where wallets on kept on display…”Mumma I don’t like any orange purse here, take this Purple one”….Walla! it was a good  Baggit wallet that he picked for me…..Nice choice!  And Belt again was a good choice for Papa,it was  just that papa picked up the black color instead of brown which Abeer suggested.

“Abeer pay for the gifts now...” “I don’t have money – you pay “ hahahahaha  “ I will get my money bank box next time” hehehehe

Children are so sweet, sensitive, true, and so lovable, as we grow up we loose up these qualities to some extent, we start manipulating, and we get diplomatic on situations… we get fake!

Diwali came, Abeer got his gifts which were promised – he was very very happy!


God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment