Monday, November 4, 2013

Fancy dress – Dressing up as Kans Mama

Fancy dress coming up and your mind starts joggle with ideas, I take them seriously as with this your child roll plays characters and enjoy a new identity J
School Notice: Dress up your ward for Janamashtami celebrations tomorrow …
One statement / entry in the school dairy can create night mares for some parents, Working parents tend to read notes from the school once they get back from office, and this adds to the day’s stress!

This time I received a note from the school, I told my 3.6yr old – Tomorrow, you have to dress as Krishna  in school, on this a series of question came up – “mummy why do I have to dress as Krishanji? What will I dress like in school? What do I have to do there dressed like that?”....and so on, He being aware of Krishan and Kans story shared his idea of becoming Kans – the bad man to the school J

It was surprising for me, as at this age he was sure he what he wanted to dress like Kans because all will dress like Krishna in the class!

My job started, he told me “ I want to wear devil horns too, as Kans was a bad man” – the light horns were fetched from our last visit to India Gate, where the vendors go to and fro with all sorts of kids toys :)

A day before I landed in the nearby market directly from office .The market was full of dresses for Krishna and Radha – probably no one wanted to become Kans, somehow I managed a bit dark color dress- dhoti and jacket with beaded work on it and matched it with a sword made up of card board. The work did not end here – once I came I was supposed to make jewellery, customized crown and belt for my little Kans Mama.

Next Morning, Abeer (my son) woke up excited to dress as the devil J and yes this is the outcome:


Abeer dressed as Kans

Abeer dressed as Kans
Abeer dressed as Kans


No comments:

Post a Comment